Andy

Administrator
Creative Team
User ID
Reaction score
For Windows
From the "Add/Remove Programs" area of the Control Panel, remove the entry, "ScreenConnect Client (xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)" where xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx is the thumbprint which is unique to your ScreenConnect installation.

You can also remove the access client manually via the administrator command prompt:
Code:
wmic product where name="ScreenConnect Client (xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)" call uninstall /nointeractive

For Mac
The access client is installed on your OSX device at /opt/screenconnect-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx where xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx is the thumbprint which is unique to your ScreenConnect installation.

Remove the listed files and directories to uninstall the access client.
  1. Stop the ScreenConnect Client service on that device:
    Bash:
    launchctl unload /Library/LaunchAgents/screenconnect-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx-onlogin.plist
  2. Delete the service definitions (both the onlogin and prelogin ones):
    Bash:
    rm -v /Library/LaunchAgents/screenconnect-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx-*.plist
  3. Delete the ScreenConnect Client files:
    Bash:
    rm -rv /opt/screenconnect-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.app
Hint: Use the following command command to see the thumbprint:
Bash:
ls -l /Library/LaunchAgents/screenconnect-*
For Linux
The access client is installed on your Linux device at /opt/screenconnect-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx where xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx is the thumbprint which is unique to your ScreenConnect installation.

To remove the access client from a Linux device, enter one of the following (depending on your distribution):
Bash:
dpkg -r screenconnect-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
or:
Bash:
rpm -e screenconnect-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

wmic product where name="ScreenConnect Client (xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)" call uninstall /nointeractive
Hi Andy,
1. I tried this, in CMD, It returned:
No Instance(s) Available.
2. I substituted the (xxxxxxx's) by its registry number found on properties sheet I found under "Services". It returned:
Invalid Verb Switch.
What is the meaning of (xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) ?

What are the steps ? Are there screenshots step by Step ?

Many thanks.

Last edited:
Hi Andy,
1. I tried this, in CMD, It returned:
No Instance(s) Available.
2. I substituted the (xxxxxxx's) by its registry number found on properties sheet I found under "Services". It returned:
Invalid Verb Switch.
What is the meaning of (xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) ?

What are the steps ? Are there screenshots step by Step ?

Many thanks.
The (xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) in the commands you're using to uninstall ScreenConnect represents the unique thumbprint or identifier associated with your specific installation of ScreenConnect. This thumbprint is a unique string of characters that identifies the ScreenConnect Client on your system.

When you see the message No Instance(s) Available, it might mean that the command is not finding the exact name of the product you want to uninstall, which could be due to an incorrect thumbprint.

The Invalid Verb Switch error could be related to the substitution you made. If you're replacing the (xxxxxxx's) with the registry number you found under "Services," make sure that it matches exactly with the thumbprint of the ScreenConnect Client installed on your system.

To find the correct thumbprint, you might want to look in the appropriate directories mentioned in the instructions, such as /opt/screenconnect-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on Mac and Linux, or look through the "Add/Remove Programs" section in Windows to find the exact name of the ScreenConnect Client installation.

Have a look at my screenshot below:
Screenshot 2023-08-17 at 8.35.54 AM.png

Short URL:
Back