Andy

Administrator
Creative Team
User ID
Reaction score
Windows Hello Face Login on Lenovo IdeaCentre AIO 700 PC.png

Are you annoyed with the Windows Hello Face Login that automatically scans your face on every time you're on Windows logon screen?

Screen Shot 2019-10-18 at 2.31.24 PM.png

You might have a group policy object that prevents you to disable it, showing this classic error message: *Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organisation. -- But, worry not! As long as you have a local admin right on your computer, this registry hack will do the job for you 😉

Without further ado, here's how to disable it:
  • Open Windows Registry Editor: Click Start, then type 'regedit.exe', then go to the following path:
    Code:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft
  • Right-click on the Microsoft folder tree, and select New -> Key
  • Type in 'Biometrics' and hit enter, then within the Biometrics key, right-click again and select New -> DWORD (32-bit) Value
  • Type in 'Enabled'.
Since the default value is '0' -- that disables the Biometric (just exactly like we want it)

If you're lazy to do it the steps above, I have exported my registry information, so you can simply copy the whole code below, create a new text file and save it as a registry file (must be saved as .reg file) -- then merge the registry information using an Administrator account.

Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Biometrics]
"Enabled"=dword:00000000

The DWORD 'Enabled' means:
0 = Disable
(delete) = Enable

To enable it back, simply delete the whole 'Biometrics' registry key we created earlier.

If you're doing the steps above correctly, you should see your registry something like this:

Screen Shot 2019-10-18 at 2.44.13 PM.png

I hope this thread been helpful for you, if you have any question or comment, feel free to post them down below 👇

Short URL:
Back