In this post we will learn how to clone Windows from Larger Disk to Smaller Disk, in most cases we do this when we want to do HDD to SSD Upgrade, the hard disk drive usually has a larger size than our solid-state drive.
- We need to make sure that our C drive will fit into our SSD drive.
- Click here to download the Renee Becca software, it’s 100% free (no hidden charges or anything like that)
- The software requires a license, but don’t worry, a valid free license code will be mailed to your email after you enter your email address. Click here to obtain that free license (you can also use some temporary mail to get the license)
- Now install the software and open it, activate the software by entering the key you received in your email.
- Click on Clone and then select System Redeploy like shown in the picture below:
- Choose the Destination and it should be your SSD. The source is your system drive containing Windows files and boot images, etc. Please refer to the picture below:
- Now click the Redeploy button and select Yes as shown in the picture above.
- The software will then start the process and will complete the data transfer depending on your source disk size. Your partition will be automatically adjusted to fit with your new destination drive.
- Physically swap the old drive with the new drive. You can uninstall the software if you prefer not to keep it.
I hope this works for you. Let me know if you have any question by commenting down below. Cheers!